What it's all about

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the theme.

after spending most of my 38 week appointment today convincing the midwife that painting trim was just as relaxing as taking a nap, i proceeded to do just that.

unfortunately painting trim takes forever and now it's dark out and the lighting is terrible for an updated picture, so i'll take one in the morning.  
i'm really encouraged with how the dressing room is turning out, though!  
it is so bright and looks so much bigger with the white paint!  

i promised to unveil the theme for my little girlie lair, so without further ado, here is my inspiration collage:


i'm going for a vintage alice in wonderland meets shabby chic theme.

i'm even on the lookout for some old teacups to keep my jewelry in on my vanity!

i think it's going to be a lot of fun!  yay!

6 comments:

Jean Isaac said...

You are amazing! How do you come up with these awesome ideas?

Unknown said...

I love ebay. Try there for teacups because they usually have cute things for inexpensive. You are really creative by the way :)

Taylor said...

Cute! Also, we have some kind of kindred style spirits thing going on. My beloved blue dresser in our bedroom is covered with antique teacups holding my jewelry! And a wine bottle from our wedding for my bracelets. Also, have you ever been to the shops in Lucketts? Next time you are in MD, you aren't 38 weeks pregnant, and it's not too cold out for little ones, I am calling a triple date for you, me and Tricia. You would love it there, best stuff EVER.

Linds. said...

alice in wonderland? sigh. and love. can't wait to visit your house.

Juliann B said...

As for tea cups, I've found so many cute ones in little antique shops/Salvation Army. I got a set of 4 for less than 2 dollars and they almost exactly match my Grandmother's old set!

Juliann B said...

I'm a huge fan of wandering through little antique shops (I spent a whole morning in Berlin MD wandering through shops) and I've found lots of super cute teacups. I bought a bunch at Salvation Army too and they hold my jewelry :)