What it's all about

Monday, April 18, 2011

like a wagon wheel.

my daddy is a pretty talented and amazing guy... and lucky for us because his craftsmanship and attention to detail has really helped turn our house into a home.

but this post isn't about all of the work he's done on our house, nope, it's about his early years of awesomeness.  one year in particular, he happened to take a carpentry class in high school, and polished off this little gem:


a baby cradle.

and yes, you heard me correctly when i said he made it in HIGH SCHOOL.

he made it for my cousin, stephen, my dad's first nephew.
stephen slept in it, as well as many of my other cousins, and second cousins, myself and my sister, and now we have it for finn.  

he likes to rock in his cradle and sing the wagon wheel song (one of his cousin zach's favorites) :)




i should also mention that finn's super awesome talented grandma made the cradle bedding.

idn't he lucky to have such talented grandparents?

i love that we have something in our family that my daddy made with such care so long ago, that so many sweet cousins have slept in, and so many loved ones have leaned over to rock a precious baby.  i feel so lucky that finn is part of the tradition. 

thanks, grandpa! :)

4 comments:

Jean Isaac said...

You made me cry! Zach would have loved to sing the Wagon Wheel song to Finn. So glad you can use the cradle for Finn, tell him to take good care of it so his little cousins can use it too.

Anonymous said...

Adorable. And those socks? I die.

Taylor said...

So sweet! I teared up. Love family heirlooms!

Unknown said...

Omg he's sooooo stinkin cute in there! Bring him by when I'm working I want to see him!!!