What it's all about

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

bump watch

we had baby's 25ish week appointment today.
billy and i waited an hour in the lobby and i was getting all flustered thinking "this never happens!  my wonderful midwives who never make me wait!" and then i realized my appointment was actually for 2 o'clock and not one o'clock. wooahhh there baby brain. 

i've gained two pounds since last month (better than four!) for a total of 15 pounds so far.  eeef. but my midwives say i'm doing swimmingly, baby sounds great and he weighs about a pound and a half.  i'm measuring great, my blood pressure is good (although it's always super low... 80/50).  but i'm definitely starting to feel pregnant.  my back hurts a lot more and i'm tired when i'm on my feet all day.  it's hard to get comfortable at night, bla bla, all of that stuff i guess i should have expected.

here are a couple of pictures of the belly:
 it's getting bigger!
but i feel like the past month the rest of me hasn't gotten any bigger, so hopefully my butt will hold steady and the belly will be the only thing that keeps growing! :D  i know i feel really big for me, but i'm 25 1/2 weeks and my baby book says at 26 weeks weight gain is normally between 16 and 22 pounds.  so 15 pounds isn't too bad right?  and it made me feel good today when my midwife lifted up my shirt for baby's heartbeat and squealed "oooh look at that cute little belly!"  i wonder how long it will be cute.  i'm sure one day i'll lift up my shirt and it will be like "dear god look at that huge swollen belly!" haha.

this week the midwife also talked to us about choosing a pediatrician for baby.  i guess i have to do that soon.  does anyone have any tips on what questions to ask?  i'm thinking the least amount of shots and the best lollipops.  or maybe excellent sticker selection?  these were my most important pediatrician criteria when i was little.

my next appointment is in four weeks, when i have to have the glucose test to make sure my body is processing sugars okay.  i basically just have to drink a pint of orange juice and then they take my blood.  i also have to have a rhogam shot since i'm rh negative.  but, the most exciting part about my next appointment is that it's my last 4-weeks-out appointment.  after the next visit i have to go to the doctor every two weeks.  and then we all know what happens next!  the stork comes and delivers a perfect baby and leaves my body magically intact!  okay okay, i know i have some serious work to do to get the perfect baby here, but that's what our 4 weeks of childbirth classes are for!  and they start a week from tonight! 

4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

I'm rh negative too! what a special bond we share (so too are Ava and Livi!)

Anonymous said...

You're adorable! :)

As for pediatricians - first, we asked our parent friends who they recommended and then called those offices to see if they had any "meet the practice" nights planned. Most did! That's how we found ours and we love them. BabyCenter and the Bump both have lists of questions to ask potential peds so I'd check there, too. On our list of important questions: insurance, vaccinations, if they had rights at our hospital to see N when she was born, and how they handle after hours calls/emergencies.

I can't believe you're over halfway there to meet baby Murphy! Time has flown ... although, that's easy for me to say, right? :)

Love ya.

Jean Isaac said...

My little Grandson is growing! Love you both.

Michelle R said...

Lookin' good, mama! Sounds like you're on the right track weight-wise. It's less about how much you gain and more about eating QUALITY food. As for the pedi, I found one that was super clean, had a lactation room (so I could nurse after shots--best medicine!) and didn't hassle me if I split up vaccinations ('cause I do). Oh, and they have an AWESOME sticker selection;) Very important to Lydia:)