What it's all about

Monday, August 22, 2011

jem

when i was little i had a jem barbie doll.

'member her?


i pretty much thought she was the cat's pajamas.

my particular jem doll boasted only one earring.

this was intentional, of course.

one very large star earring.

that jem, she really was a trendsetter.

anywho, today was a particularly exhausting day at home... finn is still "teething" which should be called "the miserable week of drooly cranky sleeplessness that still hasn't resulted in an actual tooth."  maybe it's a virus?  i don't know, whatever it is, those stupid teeth haven't made much headway and i.am.tired.

so once i finally got him down for a nap and did some chores, on accident i took ten million pictures of myself making weird faces and wearing only one earring.

no, i don't know why.

mostly because i'm tired and i wish i was jem, okay?

help! this mascara is weighing down my left lid.

look! a ufo!

what would jem think?

this is the face i bet jem makes when she thinks

the verdict? jem did it better.

but i'll wear the earring long enough for billy to come home and laugh at me.

4 comments:

Jean Isaac said...

hahahaha, Billy probably thought you were crazy. love you weirdo.

Michelle R said...

You make me laugh--in the very best way! I LOVED Jem. Mostly because she was "edgy" and not the traditional safe boring Barbie version. She was a rebel. And so.are.you.;)

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHA. How did I miss this post? I loved Gem and wanted to be her ... and apparently, you do, too. ;)

Ronda said...

Jem was my hero, I know that when I got my ear pierced the first time I tried to convince my mom to only let me get one pierced like Jem, I was eight.