What it's all about

Thursday, September 2, 2010

oooh, that felt nice.

Wilhelm and I spent a fabulous four days doing absolutely nothing at the lovely La Amada Resort in Playa Mujeres Mexico.  Billy's 30th birthday was on the first, so we decided to hop a plane for a quick celebration!  We justified it by also deciding it would be our early first anniversary trip and the beforewehavetotravelwithastroller trip. Here are some pictures from our travels: (actually we didn't travel anywhere except from the beach to our hotel room really)
our room

our pretty bathroom

the lovely balcony. 

Playa Mujeres means Ladies Beach in Spanish.  But let me tell you, the gay men love this resort.  There weren't many ladies.  Sorry Billy!  Lucky for us, the gay men certainly do know how to relax.  We picked a great hotel.  We contemplated going on day excursions to go snorkeling or kayaking, but we wound up doing absolutely nothing.  We spent lots of time swimming in the crystal clear water, laying on the beach reading, drinking fruity beverages at the swim up pool bar, and eating more Mexican food than I care to talk about.  Let's just say neither of us want to see a tortilla chip for a very long time.

Here are some more pictures of the pretty resort before we ruin you with silly pictures of ourselves:

We had probably the best traveling experience possible.  In addition to flawless service at our resort, I can't say enough about our first experience with Cancun's airport and staff.  People helped us without us asking for help, expedited us through lines, carried our luggage, and then checked it for free!  We didn't have to wait for anything.  Let me tell you, you are lucky if your airline agent doesn't curse at you while you're paying them $50 for your checked bag in Philly.  It was a breath of fresh air!  

The only negative thing that happened on our trip was the sun melted the binding on Billy's book.  For the rest of the days he had to read it page by page.  We called it "the manuscript". It was hilarious.


The first night we were there they had a bonfire and a demonstration on a Mayan rain dance.  During the dance the Mayan dude just straight up straddled the bonfire.  I'm talking balls.in.flames.  It was highly uncomfortable to watch.  He didn't seem to mind though.  Clearly I needed a picture.

they smelled like burned hair.

Here are a couple pictures of Willie and I before we get to what you're really after.  I know what it is.  It's the Meg's getting fat in a bikini shot.  Yeah yeah yeah, it's coming.




The last picture was the final result of a series of shots that somehow made Billy look like his neck had been amputated.  We'll save those for another time. 

And now, drumroll please, the fifteenandahalfweekspregnantmeginabathingsuitpicture:

MAN! LOOK AT THAT GUT!

............
Ok, I wouldn't really do that to you.  But let me just say, there was a really cute pregnant girl at the resort with her husband, she was about five months along and looked visibly and cutely pregnant. i however, just looked bloated.  It was an uncomfortable time to be in a bikini.  The baby is growing. and so is my ass.
bah.

So that's all for this edition of Mexico!  Who wants to babysit for us next summer? ;)

4 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Happy Birthday Bill!!

Meg, are you kidding me?? YOU LOOK GREAT!

Michelle R said...

Hahaha! Megan, you are silly. Very silly. I see no belly, my dear. At that stage, I affectionately call my belly the beer gut. LOL Nice vacation digs, too! Live it up while you can! j/k..sorta.

Taylor said...

It looks like you had an amazing time! Yay for a babymoon. :) I remember feeling so awkward too in that in-between phase with the baby not quite showing...and she was "not quite showing" for a long time! I felt like I looked like one of those skinny girls with a beer belly, but that of course was crazy. No one notices and I'm sure anyone who saw you on the beach thought you were adorable and wanted your super cute bikini!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, girl. Baby? Seriously? It looks like you had a big dinner. ;)