What it's all about

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ode to the shop vac.

yesterday we had a crazy storm here in dtown, and finn's playroom flooded.

it wasn't too horrible- we caught it right in the nic of time- but it was bad enough to send billy to home depot at 6 in the morning to buy a shop vac to suck up the water.

a brand.
spanking.
new.
shop vac.

unbeknownst to him, in doing so, he has opened up a whole new world of nesting (which is now just the nice word for crazy) opportunities to me.

a whole. new. world.

do you know what you can clean up with a 6.0 peak HP motor 14 gallon high performance shop vac?

ANYTHING.

ANYTHING.

any mess. ever. 
if you wind up in jail for a crime you're completely guilty of, just call me, because i'm pretty sure i can shop vac you out.

the range of things i've shop-vacced during finn's nap today is vast, and includes, but is by no means limited to (oh hahahahaha nooooo means limited to) shop vaccing the driveway, because i don't know how to start up the gas operated leaf blower.

(as a side note, i should mention that i broke my electric leaf blower when i was pregnant with finn because i HAD to go blow leaves before changing into appropriate attire (THEREWASNOTIME) and sucked my scarf into the motor, rendering it useless forever.)

back to now, you may have noticed in the paragraph before the last one that i told you
I VACUUMED MY DRIVEWAY.

i can't wait to have my baby so that i can once again be motivated to do absolutely nothing.

i'm pretty sure billy is golfing this weekend, and i have BIG PLANS for what i'm going to vacuum when he's not around. BIG PLANS. 

the only thing i don't feel like cleaning is the inside of my shop vac.  (umm, ew.)
honey?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Meg,
I work(ed) with Patty Manning and she turned me onto your blog and let me tell you...I love reading them :). I'm commenting because I have some exciting news to tell you...I think your shop vac has "blowing" capabilities. We have a similar one and you can flip a switch a ta-da! It blows! I just had to tell you this :).

Taylor said...

WOMAN. This nesting thing is NO JOKE. My house is entirely disassembled right now because I've HAD to reorganize everything...everything...everything! Don't tell me about shop vacs! AHHHH! ;)

Kristin and Dan said...

Meg, you have such a gift to write. You always leave me laughing (or crying - darn you).