What it's all about

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas!











Last Christmas I was 7 months pregnant, in extreme nesting mode, and our house looked like a Christmas museum.  I loved it.  Ahh the sheen of freshly waxed floors in the candlelight.

This year Finn is 9 months old.  Our house has certainly lost it's museum status.  I didn't manage to get the Christmas wreaths outside on all of the windows.  But I did manage to put candles in them.  The floors boast lots of crumbs and little footprints.  But we did get out all of our decorations.  And despite the fact that they are not perfectly arranged... I love it even more.  Our house feels like a home this Christmas. 

I made a pot of chicken soup and put it on the stove to simmer until dinner time... and planned to bake a batch of Christmas cookies next.  But I thought I'd stop and take it all in a little bit before I jumped to the next task.  We have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas. <3

1 comment:

Jean Isaac said...

The house looks great. btw, are you unconsiously leaving crumbs on the floor for the mouse/rabbit?