What it's all about

Thursday, November 3, 2011

hey there!

remember when i used to write blogs like all the time?  i kind of do! wow i wrote a lot of them.

the past couple of months have really been a whirlwind!  for more reasons than one.  actually, for two!

1) it's the busiest time of the year at the shop.  this makes work very awesome and fun, but it also leaves very little downtime, i.e. no lunchtime bloggy blogs.
and
2) finn was sick for a month and a half.  this was very not awesome and not fun, but it also left for very little downtime.

i missed you blog! i used to write blogs when i needed mommy advice or a laugh or just a word vomit outlet, but i had to swallow all of that word vomit in the past couple of months because i didn't have time to do normal things like brush my teeth, nevermind write about it. 

the good news is, finn is finally healthy.  the shop is still bonkers, which is also good news, but hopefully a healthy baby will leave me a little bit more free time. 

let me just say that there is officially nothing worse than when your baby feels bad.  for a long time. and your pediatrician acts completely incompetent. 
basically he had an ear infection for a month and a half that didn't go away with amoxicillin but proceeded to get more and more infected, and our doctor called it a "virus" until we ended up in the emergency room after a week of 104.5 fever. 
more on that later. 
oh believe me, there will be an angry mommy blog.

we have had lots of little happy moments amidst the struggles of the past few weeks, including halloween and fun fall festivities! say that three times fast!  i can't wait to post some pictures!  more on that too. less anger involved with that one.

we are also working on some house projects, like putting up storm windows and some fun little decorating things.  the holidays are fast approaching wheee my favorite time of year!

in other exciting news, my little sister, my only sister, is getting married in a few weeks in hawaii and we are throwing her a bridal shower this weekend that i am oh so excited about as well!  lots of happy things going on!

plus thanksgiving is coming, my favorite holiday and a finn first this year! whoopee!

i haven't synced my iphone in like 700 years, so instead of filling this blog with updated photos, i will simply leave you with this vintage classic:


thank you, and goodnight.

5 comments:

Juliann B said...

I always enjoy reading your blogs! I'm glad Finn is feeling better! :)

Juliann B said...

I always enjoy reading your blog! I'm glad Finn is doing better!

Jean Isaac said...

aaahhhaaahaha! what the heck is he doing? I miss your blogs too.

Taylor said...

I am glad you are back!!! I've missed pics of that cute little Finn!

Taylor said...

Yay I am glad you are back!!