What it's all about

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

love our home.

it's nice to finally be able to say that my extreme nesting has finally worn off, three months after our baby was born.  i'm really enjoying letting things look a little "lived in" around here.

it feels so homey to have little baby things here and there.  there's so many signs of love everywhere i look.

here's some pictures of new little things that make me smile:

a little more "lived in" living room.


finn sleeping on the floor.


vintage magazines.

 
a sofa table relocated from the music room. (thanks mom and billy!)


a new bird. (don't judge me).


a ribbon around the front bedroom's curtain.


a struggling to survive orchid, and more importantly, clean gutters. (thanks dad).


blankets and baby books.


wooden boxes from the shop to house hair pins.


refinished original doorknobs in my dressing room. (thanks again dad :))


and finally, although i am not ready to post the full reveal of my beautiful new landscaping out front until the installation of our craigs list found porch swing (yay!), here is a sneak peek of my amazing husband making things beautiful out there:

love it.


love my husband, love our baby, love our home, love our "lived in" life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your lived in house. :) I love the new bird (no judgment) and I love that Finn can sleep anywhere ... you are blessed! ;)

Jean Isaac said...

So happy for you, Billy and lil Finn. I love you all so much and everything looks great. I can't believe Billy uncovered the stone edging. Where was that hiding?