What it's all about

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

etc.

tricia informed me that my previous blog post was only accepting comments from "team members".  i don't have any team members, i actually don't even know what that is.  but i think i fixed it, so you should be able to comment now. yay!

my appointment went great today!  i've gained two pounds since my last appointment, for a total of five.  apparently this is right on track and i got a big high five.  my bloodwork from my last appointment also came back and got high scores, and i'm "not even the slightest bit anemic!" which is good news since i've still been maintaining my vegetarian diet.  my midwife also thinks that i am a little further ahead of schedule than we originally thought.  since we could hear the baby's heartbeat as early as my "8 week" appointment and my cycle determining my due date was random at best, she said she wouldn't be surprised if bambino showed up earlier than the end of february. ok by me!

the best part about appointment days is that billy works from home! yay!  so we are managing to squeak in a trip to the farmers market together this afternoon... something i do every wednesday, but billy has never been able to!  we're looking forward to it.

in other news, here are some of the promised "before and after" pictures of some rooms in the house.  i like to say "before and during" because there is still more work to be done.  we haven't done a lot of picture hanging or decorating, but things are finally CLEAN at least.  here we go!

family room:
before:


current:




upstairs hall:

before:


current: 



guest bedroom 1:

before:


current:



guest bedroom2:

before:


current:


master bedroom:

before:


current:

there are plenty more but that's enough for today!  there is also a fourth bedroom that will be the baby room, so we'll leave those before and afters for when it's all finished! 

aren't these before and after pictures so much more exciting than ones of my stomach!? seriously!

closing on a baby note, my next appointment is september 15th and that's when we'll schedule the sonogram to determine boy/girl.  the birth center does not do routine sonograms, (they only do gender sonograms by request) so we'll only have one picture of baby en utero!  we're looking forward to the end of september! :) but, as you can see by the house pictures, we are keeping busy in the meantime!! have a great day everyone!


4 comments:

Charity Ruiter said...

The house looks great, Meg! I love in the family room how you placed the curtain rods at the ceiling. . .I discovered that technique recently and most def. plan to use it! Is that big machine thingie in the guest bedroom a sander? If so, did you rent it and how much did it cost to rent if you dont mind me asking? We have hardwood floors in our new place and they could use a little love <3

ItsJustMeg said...

Hey rare! It was actually a huge wet/dry vac that we were just using to vacuum all the crap up that was everywhere. Our floors were in bad shape though. We scrubbed them on our hands and knees with murphys oil soap and then waxxed them and buffed them. They really look a lot better and clean up nicer in the future after a good waxxing! It took forever though!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to occupy that guestroom someday. ;) I don't agree about your house pics being better than your belly pics! We want to see that little bump as it grows! So happy for you two. XOXO

Taylor said...

I love, love, love all of the updates! PS is it weird that I actually love that yellow trim window? Did you leave it yellow? I seriously think I want to repaint the window trim in the baby's room yellow now! Except I think Lenny would hate me because he just freshened up the white. :)